Bloodchild book review

 I read about Bloodchild this week. This is the shortest novel I have read in this class this semester. However, although this novel is short, it is really exquisite and charming, without any burdensome. The science fiction setting is respectively thrown out at the right time, which is about the parasitic organism and the alien host.

 

 

 

The story is about humans and the invasive species Tlic. Tlic rely on parasitic animals to give birth, injecting their eggs into humans and then taking them out and putting them into other animals after the larvae have grown a bit. In this twisted way, Tlic form a family with humans. The protagonist was selected as the breeder by Tlic, and even after witnessing the horrors of other breeders, he accepted the reality. I was a little uncomfortable with the details of parasitism and the eating of eggs, because it was so realistic that it reminded me of the sickening sight of countless Tlic squirming. I think the novel can be adapted into a film well because there are many detailed picture descriptions in the novel. I think adapting it into a film will bring a strong visual impact to the audience. I am not sure that I would change the description of the book, because I do not think I have the ability to write, maybe it would be better to stick to the description of the book. However, I might design these Tlic’s appearance myself.

 

 

 

Even if different species are intelligent and able to communicate with each other, it's perfectly normal to have feelings. But in the malformed form of parasitism, feeling is really very painful. Pure confrontation, pure hatred is also more acceptable, because only destroy the other side is good. Love and hate words, to solve, finally can only destroy themselves. After escaping the oppression of their home planet's kin, the N’Tlic were raised in captivity. It's hopeless. I personally believe that at least some part of the relationship between the two parties is affection, the sense of familiarity and the relative security and trust it brings, the environmental and family educational factors of dependence and dependence, the relationship of interests (Tlic provides eggs, namely life expectancy and pleasure), and so on. Tlic is in a special position for the main character's family, and this positioning can also affect people's feelings. There's nowhere to run. A little hostage complex? In my opinion, the ending of the novel is tragic, because the hero chooses to accept reality and oppression. Although it describes a fictional world in the novel, it does reflect the real society and I could make a connection with the country I live. The rulers exploit the working people unbridled through meager profits and brainwashing propaganda, while people praise their merits and eventually become numb. I think the novel's afto-futurist characteristic reflects on the fear and criticism of totalitarianism and the prospect of human life in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirt Gently's Holistic Detective Agency book review

A Wild Sheep Chase book review

Frankenstein book review